HVAC Maintenance Checklist You Should Follow
If it’s been a while since you’ve had your HVAC system maintained and tuned up, then get on the phone today and call an HVAC company in Marietta who can do this for you. Proper care and maintenance of your heating and cooling systems is so important. This is the air that you and your family breathe every day, and an old or out of shape system can make it difficult for you all to stay healthy.
With this in mind, here is a quick checklist of HVAC maintenance tasks that you should do or hire a professional HVAC company to do regularly. doing these things on a routine basis will help keep you and your family healthier.
Do Right Now
- Check your air filters and the user manual for your equipment and make sure you have the right ones installed.
- Go outside now and make sure that there aren’t leaves, branches, or litter cluttering your AC condenser unit.
Do with Every New Season
- Have a professional come out to inspect your refrigerant lines. Leaks in the refrigerant line can mean major trouble later on, so be sure to take care of this every season.
- Your air filters should be replaced every 90 days whether they look like they need it or not.
Do Every Year
- Replace the batteries in your carbon monoxide detectors. You depend on your detectors to keep your family safe. Make sure they’re functioning properly.
- Make sure the outdoor air conditioning unit is level and firmly on the ground. If something is trapped underneath it or making it unlevel, you’ll be more likely to need extensive repairs later on.
Proper care and maintenance of your HVAC equipment is essential to keep respiratory illnesses such as asthma and allergies at bay. When you’re not sure what needs to be done and how, refer to this list or call in qualified HVAC in Marietta for assistance. Routine maintenance by an HVAC professional can go a long way to ensure that you don’t run into costly problems and eventual repairs.